Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Thank Goodness for the REI Visa!

Much to the chagrin of my lovely wife, I've been in full gear acquisition mode. Thanks to lots of perusing the webz and reading a ton of gear reviews I've pretty much got everything I need; or at least I know what I would like to get. So far I've got the aforementioned Deuter Futura Zero 50, a REI Quarter Dome T1, a REI Travel Sack +55 and a Term-a-Rest Ridge Rest. I was also able to find a Bare Boxer (after I bought a Garcia and realized it's half as big as a two-year old) so I'm literally armed for bear, too. I've made a few impulse Wal-Mart buys when I've been out and about also, and I'm hoping to get some more test and review videos posted as soon as I remember to take my Flip with me on a day-hike. Until then you'll just have to eagerly await the updates or find me a babysitter so I can have some free time!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

The next time you go shopping, have a look at the various cottage manufacturers. They often are cheaper, the gear is made locally and it is of higher quality. Just something to consider the next time you feel an urge to go shopping ;)