Friday, February 5, 2010

To Quote Carl Lewis, "Uh-oh!"

Over to the right you can see a link to Mountainsmith; it's the "The only packs I've ever owned" one. Turns out that that statement is sorta misleading. When I say that Mountainsmith (M-S) packs are the only ones I've owned I don't mean I'll never use any other brand, I just mean I haven't partaken of any other brands yet (for some reason I don't count my Camelbak). Well, my link title may have to change as I've experienced another setback. My M-S pack, the larger of the two I own, may suck. I filled it with some pillows to get the suspension sorted out and ran into a problem. To be more precise: With stuff in the pack, I can't move my head backward. It's really not that odd of a problem. I've never camped and I originally bought the pack for travel because I don't own luggage. For that purpose it's been great but because that's what I use it for I never needed to adjust or tighten anything. You may be saying right about now "Just buy another pack." Unfortunately, my lack of funds is getting in the way of that. I've only been able to raise about five hundred dollars for gear (by selling a beautiful 2005 Highway One Strat that was customized to be a sixties model *sniff*) and a pack wasn't included in my factoring. I wouldn't mind another pack though. So far every time I look at REI's site I find another pack to consider so a trip to Pittsburgh might be in order to see them in person. So...yeah. I guess I'll figure it out because the camp must go on! Or something.

No comments: