Saturday, April 24, 2010

I Went

A couple of nights ago I had the opportunity to take advantage of a pretty good opportunity. I was able to attend the IGO backpacking basics course that I had mentioned in a previous post. While a lot of the presentation was geared toward folks who were perhaps still in the "I don't know anything about either of them but I think I might try backpacking and/or hiking" stage (and there were a few attendees like that), it was nice to be able to ask questions and bounce ideas off of someone with more camping experience than me. For example: My biggest concern right now is packing my pack. I was able to ask about the proper way, or a better way, and get a good answer without feeling too ridiculous. And, my fifteen dollar registration fee got me a swank certificate that states that I am basically a basic backpacker. Cool!

No comments: