Sunday, April 11, 2010

Trekking Pole Update

Just an update on the Outdoor Products trekking poles. I've been able to get out on a few more day hikes with them and have been able to test them out a bit more. The only issue I've run into so far is that I don't check them enough. I noticed after a recent hike that one pole was shorter than the other by about two inches. Upon further examination one of the locks was loose. Compared to the other locks on both poles, the gap of the lock (it looks like a "C" clamp) was wide. A quick turn of the adjuster screw (on all of the locks) set me right again. I can say that, even with the one loose lock, the shorter pole was still holding up and I was unable to make it slip any further than the distance it had already moved. Still pleased!

No comments: